Monday, September 17, 2007

NONSENSE 5. anything of trifling importance or of little or no use.


Hey y'all


I haven't posted in a while, so I decided to post some ramblings, even if they aren't exactly prettily written... (and by the way, somebody help me here, is "rambling" a noun? dictionary.com doesn't think so).

As I wrote the first line of this entry I decided to check the spelling of "Y'all" (I wasn't about to get yelled at by Phil ;) ) AND YES! THERE IS INDEED AN ENTRY ON WIKIPEDIA ABOUT IT!

And I found out that it's sometimes misspelled as "Ya'll", "Yawl", or "Yaw" (YAW??? REALLY?) . Anyway.. thanks to wonderful wikipedia, that is not a mistake I'm making.

But the internet is really a wonderful, informative tool. The other night I had a strong craving for raisinets (my favorite candy, because it reminds me of my mom). So I dragged Harry and Scott to Redners. On the way there we noticed a shoe in the middle of the road... we've all had a similar experience at some point in our lives and we've all wondered "How the hell did it get there? Is it part of a cult? Did someone got pissed off in traffic and decided the middle finger wasn't enough to express his anger? Does it involve sex somehow?" Well, fear no more. I have THE ANSWER(s). Yes, someone actually wrote a thread about it, and, what is best, people replied to it (some people actually wrote on it more than once).

I will leave you today ( pretend it's still the 16th - I haven't gone to bed yet <3)wishing a wonderful International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer!- Especially for those of you under the hole in Brazil.






Shoe of Shoes

5 comments:

Scott said...

That's a big shoe.

Anonymous said...

"Rambling" can be a noun and a verb and maybe a preposition? English is awesome.

Julia said...

YOU'RE AWESOME!

ronocdh said...

"Rambling" can of course serve pretty much any function in English, but the most common and thus least objectionable would be gerund (operating as a noun), present participle (operating in conjunction with conjugated forms of "to be" and/or "to have" in order to make the progressive or continuous aspect), and adjectival participle (serving as an adjective).

Threads about shoes in the road are all over the place on the internet, but harder to find are shoes about threads in the road. Still possible, though. But this was my only hit.

Julia said...

@ Conor: Thanks for playing!